Saturday, April 21, 2012

Presenting "The Importance of Saving Natural Areas"

I've been busy!  On April 14 I presented my book at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum in Chicago. 
On April 15 the vital and enthusiastic members of Menomonee Falls Wild Ones as well as additional visitors heard my presentation at the Menomonee Falls Public Library.  They are people who realize that, if we overpopulate the world and don't save the variety of gene pools from plants (humans depend upon the chloroplasts of plants to convert energy from the sun for us to live), we are creating our own disaster.  We need these dedicated volunteers to increase our awareness of the natural world that we too often ignore.  There are Wild Ones chapters throughout the country, and I feel honored to be a Wild Ones member. 

 On April 19 I presented my program to the Southeastern Wisconsin Sierra Club at their annual dinner held in Burlington, WI.  Another enthusiastic group of dedicated, hard-working people fighting to save our environment and natural resources! 

April 28 I'll be giving a presentation at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum.  I enjoy meeting new and old friends and helping to spread enthusiasm for appreciation and preservation of our natural environment.